When it comes to outdoor entertaining and a fire pit, especially in your backyard or on your patio, safety is extremely important so we’ve put together a quick overview of some safety advice to always follow.
- Never use lighter fluid or other flammable liquids to light a fire pit fire
- Hot embers may emit while in use
- Always keep a hose or bucket of water nearby
- Your outdoor heater will get hot during and after use, so make sure children are not allowed near fire pits and are supervised by adults at all times. The same applies to pets.
- Never leave the fire unattended.
- Do not handle or move your outdoor heater when lit or hot. It may cause burns.
- Remember to never overfill the fire pit, or allow flames to emit out of the top or sides.
- Do not place the heater on surfaces that could be damaged by radiant heat.
While there’s nothing quite like the warmth and togetherness that a fire pit brings, make sure your occasion is remembered for all the right reasons, and do it safely.